Floating is about everything that you won’t be doing.
- You won’t be fighting gravity. The 1000 pounds of Epsom salt in the water takes care of that while you rest effortlessly on your back. Pretty cool, right?
- The water is maintained between 93.5 and 94.5 degrees F. This is known as skin-receptor neutral, which means you lose track of where your body ends and the water begins. It is a very soothing experience!
- Your ears rest just below the water, and the float devices are also insulated against sound. Noise from the outside doesn’t reach you so you can relax in peace and quiet.
- After you shut the door and turn off your light, you float in total darkness, if you like. During your float the outside world fades away, and amazing things are known to happen.
- It turns out that when you’re not fighting gravity or constantly taking in information your body has a lot of extra resources at its disposal.
- Your mind is free to mull things over without distraction, your brain pumps out dopamine and endorphins, and your body gets to rest, de-stress, and heal.
Before You Float
- Don’t shave or wax before your float – the salt water solution can irritate your raw skin.
- If anything, only have a snack in the hour before floating – eating will activate your digestive system and not allow your body to fully rest.
- Some guests choose to remove their contacts before floating – this can increase eye comfort during the float.
- Don’t drink caffeine before floating – caffeine is a stimulant and this counteracts the process of rest and relaxation.
We’ll cover the basics together and answer your questions.
Put in Ear Plugs
Hop in the shower
Step into the float tank, turn off the lights and prepare to float!
When your time is up, music fades in easing you out of your float.
Turn on the lights and step out
Rinse off the salt water
Get dressed and bask in your post-float glow. Congrats on your first float!