Please read below to learn how to best prepare for your first floating experience.
Please provide at least 48 hours notice by phone if you need to cancel or reschedule your float. If your float is cancelled within 48 hours of your scheduled time we will retain the full charge for your appointment with no refund. This is an effort to help ensure all float sessions are utilized.
Before You Float
- It is not necessary or recommended to wear a swimsuit while floating.
- Any self-tanning products or hair coloring must be completed at least 48 hours prior to floating.
- Don’t shave or wax before your float – because the salt water solution can irritate your raw skin.
- If anything, only have a snack in the hour before floating because eating will activate your digestive system and not allow your body to rest.
- Remove your contacts before floating – because this will increase your eye comfort during your float.
- Don’t drink caffeine before floating – because caffeine is a stimulant and this counteracts the process of rest and relaxation.
- It is not permitted to float while under the influence of drugs or alcohol.
- Floaters under the age of 18 will need the presence and signature of a parent or guardian.
- We will have what you need for your float (towels, body wash, shampoo, conditioner and hair dryers). If you use any other products or could use some sort of hair brush, please bring those with you.
- We have a dedicated powder room with a mirror and hair dryer for any post float grooming needs.
- Please arrive at least 15 minutes before your scheduled appointment. This will allow you to flow into the space, settle and have an easy transition into your float.
- When you arrive please remove your shoes and hang up your coat if you have one. If no one is present to greet you, make yourself comfortable, we likely stepped away to complete a task and will return promptly to welcome you.
- We have put a great deal of consideration into the design of the transition space. You are free to arrive early, settle in, have a glass of tea or water, listen to some music and begin to relax, release and begin to flow into your float experience. This is time and space set aside to experience You.
- As you sit in preparation for your float, the previous group of floaters will likely be returning to the transition space. Please be considerate and gentle as they enter. You may have an opportunity to hear about others experiences or even share yours in this space after your float.
If you have any questions or need to reschedule your booking please feel free to give us a call at 314.833.3444
Thank you again and we look forward to hosting your float!